Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Planting Herbs in my little garden


Rosemary Plant


Young Basil plants

I am an avid gardener but so far I have been concentrating mostly on plants that beautify my garden space. However, a few weeks ago I decided to devote a little of my gardening time, skills and space to plant some useful herbs which will be handy when I cook instead of having to head to the wet market or the supermarket just to get the herbs.

The little rosemary plants on the top pic are struggling to grow but I am giving them a lot of TLC to help them thrive. Then I have the daun kesom which is used in assam curry dishes like assam laksa. . How encouraging !!! The daun kesom that you see in my post on the assam fish curry was picked fresh from my garden. Isn't that sweet. Nurtured by my own hand. I collected some sweet basil seeds from a neighbour's garden and sowed them and they have begun to show promise. I am trying to plant the basil into little pots so that I can give my two sons a pot each. Since they love pasta, this will be a welcome addition to the other plants growing in their balcony. Imagine just plucking a few leaves off the balcony garden and throwing it into the pasta. Yum yum !!

1 comment:

Oreste said...

Ciao Lizsammy, un saluto da Roma.